Monday, August 11, 2008

My Darling


Oh yes, Mr Woolly, too, but hey he can talk on the phone. I'm not so far gone that I asked to talk to my sewing machine. She is beautiful, yes? 1956, a fine year to be born a Singer. The week before I left, my niece was visiting, and as she is a newly minted teenager, I tried to not always be walking into the sewing- err- guest room. That left me casting longing glances at the machine while either waking her up or making her turn out the light. Then, of course was the family reunion, which was better than I thought it might be but took me into a craft unfriendly zone. Hardly the kind of thing that one drags ones sewing machine too. In fact, I was in the same shopping center as both a fabric and a yarn store, and was not able to convince my family that even a five minute stop was do-able.

I cut some fabric and started working on Bonnie and Tonya's Fun plus Ugly quilt challenge. Perhaps I will manage a photo. Perhaps I will just go sit in the yarn store, and then lie on the couch. Nice to be home.

2 comments:

Shonda Little said...

Hello, lover!
This reminded me of the episode of Sex and the City, when Carrie oogles that at a pair of shoes. Except you are purring this at the beautiful sewing machine.

GingerJar said...

I had a simular one in a cabinet...I love it. I was having a problem with the electric pedal...so my ex-hubby fixed it right up...well not quite. It went at full blast would not cut off and the machine motor caught on fire...ruining my new/old machine. I mostly work on my great-grandma's 1922 treadle Singer which traveled from Sear's and Roebuck to their home by team and wagon (In Oklahoma..she was full blooded Cherokee). I love it, I also found a button-hole attachment for it many years ago at a flea-market.

I stumbleded on your site. I love your Dolly Quilt.